Safety & Quality Commitment
Safety and quality are the guiding principles behind everything we do. Our commitment to safety is a commitment to quality and to quality customer service.
Committed to Safety
Hillsboro Aviation is committed to developing, implementing, maintaining and improving strategies and processes to ensure that all our aviation activities take place under a balanced allocation of organizational resources, aimed at achieving the highest level of safety performance and meeting national and international standards. All levels of management and all employees are accountable for the delivery of this highest level of safety performance, starting with Hillsboro Aviation’s owners, directors, officers, and senior managers.
Here’s how we ensure safety throughout all of our services:
- We make safety the primary responsibility of all of our managers and employees.
- All staff, managers, and employees have clearly defined accountabilities and responsibilities for the delivery of our organization’s safety performance and the performance of our safety management system.
- Our hazard identification and risk management processes, including a hazard reporting system, operate to eliminate or mitigate the safety risks and consequences of hazards resulting from our operations or activities.
- We ensure that no action is taken against any employee who discloses a safety concern through our safety reporting system unless such a disclosure indicates, beyond any reasonable doubt, an illegal act, gross negligence, or a deliberate or willful disregard of regulations or procedures.
- We always comply with, and, wherever possible, we exceed, legislative and regulatory requirements and standards.
- Skilled and trained human resources are always available to implement safety strategies and processes.
- All staff are provided with adequate and appropriate aviation safety information and training to be competent in safety matters. Staff are only allocated tasks that are commensurate with their skills.
- We establish and measure our safety performance against realistic safety performance indicators and safety performance targets.
- We are continually improving our safety performance through management processes which ensure that relevant safety action is taken and is effective.
- All externally supplied systems and services to support our operations are delivered meeting our safety performance standards.
- We support the management of safety through the provision of all appropriate resources in order to create an organizational culture that fosters safe practices, encourages effective safety reporting and communication, and actively manages safety with the same attention to results as the attention to the results of the other management system within our organization.
Committed to Quality
Hillsboro Aviation is committed to consistently providing products and services that meet or exceed the requirements and expectations of our customers, ensuring the highest level of quality and on-time delivery. We resolve to actively pursue continual improvement through quality programs that enable each employee to do their job right the first time, every time.
Committed to Ethics
Hillsboro Aviation believes that a code of ethics is essential to the conduct of our business and the honor of the aviation community. To that end, the following is a declaration of Hillsboro Aviation’s ethical expectations of its employees:
- We recognize that Federal Aviation Regulations are first and foremost designed for public safety; all maintenance and flight operation shall be conducted in strict conformity to these rules.
- No deliberate violation of Federal Aviation Regulations will be tolerated.
- We will maintain the highest standards of integrity. Supporting those high standards, our strategy as a business is to find the most efficient means possible to ensure full regulatory compliance and product quality while pursuing growth and profitability.
- We will not tolerate employees who compromise our standards. Intentional or not, any violation is reason for termination. We shall conduct root cause analysis and implement policy and procedural changes to preclude such an event from reoccurring.
- No supervisor or manager will be permitted to put undue pressure on an employee in a matter of regulatory compliance or safety of operation.
We recognize that the interpretation of Federal Aviation Regulations can be difficult. Dissenting opinions may arise amongst our own employees or with representatives of the Federal Aviation Administration. In all cases we will seek to be fully compliant with the intent of the law while being mindful of our need to maintain our business operations.
We shall be adaptive, responsive, and vigilant to changing regulatory requirements. We will seek ever-higher standards of quality while maintaining profitability, performance and growth. We seek excellence.
All employees shall conduct their professional lives in accordance with our stated ethics policy.
External providers (including but not limited to suppliers, subcontractors, and customers) are expected to conduct their business in accordance with our stated ethics policy.