Product Categories - Radar Altimeters
FreeFlight Systems RA-4500View Larger Image
- RA-4500 Radar Altimeter (TSO-C87) provides today’s flight crews with dependable, highly accurate and economical above-ground-level (AGL) information
- Real-time system enhances operational safety during approaches, nighttime operations and hazardous flight above rough terrain.
- RA-4500 is especially valuable when flying search and rescue missions, forestry operations, pipeline maintenance, off shore helicopter ops, helicopter emergency medical services (HEMS), other aero-medical emergency services, border patrol and electronic news gathering operations
- RA-4500 Radar Altimeter with its ARINC 429 output can be easily coupled with modern electronic flight information systems (EFIS), flight director systems, and Terrain Awareness and Warning Systems (TAWS)
- Offers improved situational awareness for a broad range of fixed and rotary wing aircraft
- Designed for applications such as helicopter and seaplane operations where accuracy is needed down to zero feet, provides precise AGL information from 2000 feet down to ground level