This process must begin as soon as you have decided to attend Hillsboro Aviation. Once your application materials are submitted, you will be assigned a start date.
Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Requirements
This process can not be started until six months or less before you will start training.
- Hillsboro Aviation is notified of student’s legal name and intended arrival date.
- Student registers with TSA at www.flightschoolcandidates.gov.
- Student must check e-mails frequently for TSA contact, including payment information and application corrections.
Check with your local Embassy or Consulate at www.usembassy.gov for interview wait times. Make your interview appointment immediately, if necessary.
In order to be placed on the incoming student list, the following information must be sent to Hillsboro Aviation. These items can be sent via fax, e-mail or post:
- Completed school application
- Clear copy of passport for student and all dependents
- Financial verification (official bank statement); include a letter of support if the bank statement is not in your name
- Required insurance information that meets standards (required for F-1 visa only)
- Transcripts from highest level of education (required for F-1 visa only)
Fax number: 1-503-648-1886
E-mail address: email@example.com
Post: Hillsboro Aviation, 3565 NE Cornell Rd, Hillsboro, Oregon 97124
The I-20 is sent after the student has received TSA preliminary approval and Hillsboro Aviation has received all application materials. Typically, TSA approval is a two-week wait from when the TSA registration is submitted.
Upon Receipt of I-20
- Verify all information is correct on I-20; sign the bottom of page 1
- Make travel arrangements to Portland, Oregon—notify Hillsboro Aviation of flight information at least two weeks before arrival
Upon Arrival in Portland
- You will be met by a school representative at the Portland International Airport, train station or bus station. You will be taken to the school and/or your housing.
- Arrive at Hillsboro Aviation at 8am on your assigned orientation day. Bring:
- Passport and Form I-20 for student and any dependents
- Form I-94 for student and dependents
- FAA medical and any pilot certificates
- Insurance information (unless previously provided)