The Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) is the online system through which the Form I-20 is created, international students’ entry into and exit from the U.S. is tracked, and any extensions or changes in status are requested. As part of the system maintenance and upkeep, SEVIS has instituted a processing fee. This mandatory fee is payable to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Hillsboro Aviation has no involvement in charging or collecting this fee. This fee must be paid at least three business days before your scheduled visa interview.
The fees are:
- M-1 students – $200.00 USD
- F-1 students – $200.00 USD
There are four payment options:
- Complete Form I-901 online at www.FMJfee.com using a credit card.
- Include your credit card information with the expiration date and three digit security code on your Hillsboro Aviation school application. Hillsboro Aviation will use this information to pay the fee for you and will send the receipt along with your paperwork.
- Wire the money via Western Union. Click here for instructions.
- Mail completed Form I-901 along with a check or money order for the appropriate fee amount as noted above. If paid by credit card, an online receipt can be printed. If you mail your payment, DHS will mail your receipt to you. Be sure to send your payment in early enough to allow time to receive the receipt. You need to take this official receipt (I-797) with you to your scheduled visa interview.