M-1 Visa Application Requirements
- Application for Admission: The student must submit a completed and signed application for admission.
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Registration: The student must register at www.flightschoolcandidates.gov. Hillsboro Aviation must also be made aware of the student’s flight training intentions.
- International Student Registration Fee: A $200.00 USD registration fee is required from each international student. Hillsboro Aviation accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Please provide the card number, name as it appears on the card and expiration date of the card. Also, the registration fee may be wired to Hillsboro Aviation, please contact Daniel Jones for more details.
- Financial Verification: Financial verification of monies available to cover the respective training and living expenses is required. This verification may be in the form of a notarized copy of a bank statement, an approved loan application or a notarized affidavit of support. All documents must be accompanied by a notarized English translation denoting monies in U.S. dollars.
Training expenses are estimated in the costs section. These training costs are estimates based on the FAA minimum requirements. They are not set prices.
Additionally, students need to demonstrate the ability to pay for living expenses appropriate for their training period. Living expenses are estimated to be $8,240.00 USD annually or approximately $687.00 USD monthly.
- Language Proficiency: Each student is required to speak, read and understand English. It may be necessary to conduct a phone interview with the student to assess such abilities.
Once all requirements as listed above are met, an I-20, the application for an M-1 visa, is issued and forwarded to the student via express mail. To apply for the visa, the student should go to the nearest U.S. visa issuing agency (Embassy or Consulate).