F-1 Visa Application Requirements
- Financial Verification: The estimated cost of the airplane professional pilot training program is $53,085.90 USD and the helicopter professional pilot training program is $62,567.90 USD. These costs are based on the FAA minimum requirements; they are not set prices. Living expenses for the 12-month training period are estimated to be $8,240.00 USD annually. Therefore, total program costs are estimated to be $61,325.90 USD for the airplane training program and $70,807.90 USD for the helicopter training program. Financial verification of monies available to cover the respective expenses is required; this may be in the form of a notarized copy of a bank statement, an approved loan application or a notarized affidavit of support. All documents must be accompanied by a notarized English translation denoting monies in U.S. dollars.
- Proof of Insurance: Proof of insurance is recommended for all F-1 students and their dependents. Insurance covered by the full faith and credit of the government of the exchange visitor’s home country shall be deemed to meet this requirement. This insurance must be of at least:
- $50,000.00 USD per accident or illness
- Repatriation of remains in the amount of $7,500.00 USD
- Home evacuation in the sum of $10,000.00 USD
- Deductible of no more than $500.00 USD per accident or illness
Such insurance, with a $50.00 USD per year deductible, may be obtained through Hillsboro Aviation for $71.00 USD/month.
- Application to School: A completed and signed application must be submitted by each student that includes the city and country of birth.
- Passport: Submit clear copy of your current passport and the passports of any dependents that are coming with you.
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Registration: The student must register at www.flightschoolcandidates.gov and make their flight training intentions known to Hillsboro Aviation.
- International Student Registration: A $200.00 USD registration fee is required from each international student. Hillsboro Aviation accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Please provide the card number, name as it appears on the card and expiration date of the card. Also, the registration fee may be wired to Hillsboro Aviation, please contact Daniel Jones for more details.
- School Transcripts or Diploma: Each student must supply a copy of the transcripts from the highest level of education achieved or a copy of their high school diploma (or its equivalent). A complete English translation must also be provided.
- Previous Experience: Any person having previous flight experience must submit their application materials in order to have their admission eligibility evaluated by the school director.
- Language Proficiency: A phone interview may need to be conducted in order to confirm the student’s ability to speak and understand English.
Once all requirements, as listed above, are met, a Form 1-20, the application for an F-1 visa, will be issued to the student and forwarded to the student via express mail. To apply for the visa, the student should go to the nearest U.S. visa issuing post (Embassy or Consulate).